1071 W. Division
- 42,744 SF Timber loft building on Goose Island
- Building was occupied by Burhop and Box and Packing Company since 1927, basement was used as a bomb shelter during WWII
- Redevelopment opportunity of a 28,383 SF building in one of Chicago’s premiere locations, Goose Island
Lakeview Realty Investors (LRI) purchased the site in 2013 and quickly made plans for its extensive restoration. The entire fourth floor had to be removed because of extensive water damage and parking requirements. LRI was conscious of the building’s history and style so they elected to restore the building’s façade, interior timbers and flooring to their natural state.
LRI also continued their mission of being environmentally conscious and set out to make this project Gold LEED Certified, by using some of the latest energy efficient building practices, such as VRF (Variable Refrigerant Flow) heating and cooling, R-30 insulated white TPO roof, and highly efficient glass and storefronts.
While LRI was still under construction it was able to sign and 10 Year lease with commercial kitchen designer, The Boelter Companies. The Boelter companies loved the location and the exposed timbers and LEED certification sealed the deal. Boelter moved into the building and are now operating a showroom, test kitchen and local offices from this location.